What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?.
Whenever you want to find anything, what is the first thing you do???? You just enter a query in a search engine and hit 'enter' you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are at the top of this list as they perceive those to be more relevant to the query. Have you ever noticed that some of these websites rank better than the others; this is all because of a powerful web marketing technique called “Search EngineOptimization (SEO)”.
SEO is a "technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query".
MethodologyThere are two major categories of SEO named On Page SEO/ and Off Page SEO.
- On Page SEO: It is the method optimizing contents of website such that it becomes friendlier to the Search Engines. This includes the Optimization of texts, images, links, URL, Header, and Tag. For Example selecting Proper Alt value for an Image Tag. In simple words is what can be done on pages of website in order to make it more search engine friendly to achieve good ranking against the target Keywords (Your Query in a Search Engine).
- Off Page Optimization: Offpage Optimization includes the things you do offline to your website in order to achieve good SEO ranking. It does not include optimization with the content of Website.
Main Methods of Off page Optimization:
- Social Media Presence of your website. This means to show how active is your website on Social Media Sites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn etc.
- Directory Submission: It Includes Submitting Your Website URL to the High PR sites
- For better ERP software, it helps to reduce or eliminate duplicate work, and automates operational tasks and provides easy access to information. ERP, therefore, can deliver significant time savings.
- Quality Link Building (In order to improve page ranking).
What SEO is not?
SEO is not Purchasing Sponsored link from Google Adwords and claiming that you have no.1 ranking On Google.As you see in above Search page there are two results, the first one is Ads, located in yellow highlighted box and below that there is Organic (Not Paid for) Search Result, the most relative, trustworthy website or webpage for your query.